There’s only twelve more days until Christmas! Twelve! That’s it! What’s even more crazy than how close to Christmas is, is how un-Christmassy my life is right now (also, the fact that auto correct told me that un-Christmassy is an acceptable word kind of blows my mind)! Please tell me I am not the only one! My Christmas tree is sitting bare in the corner of my living room and I’ve only watched one Christmas movie and so, in the spirit of Christmas, I am vowing to watch my nine favourite movies before Christmas and I thought I’d share them here in case you were looking for a little Christmas inspiration as well!
- Holiday in Handcuffs: I’ve already watched this movie twice already because despite how incredibly cheesy it is, it is one of my favourites! If you’ve never heard of it, check it out! Melissa Joan Hart kidnaps Mario Lopez and brings him home for Christmas after her boyfriend dumps her. It’s even cheesier than it sounds but I promise it’ll quickly become a must watch!
- Elf: This is a must watch for me every Christmas as well! Will Ferrel dressed as an elf? Yes, please!
- The Family Stone: The first time I watched this I didn’t know it was a Christmas movie and I only watched it because Luke Wilson was in it and, like every teenage girl does, when your celebrity crush is in it you watch it (unless I’m the only crazy person who does this than disregard that last statement :p ) This movie hits you right in the feels, which I wasn’t expecting, and I cry every time but it’s so worth it!
- The Holiday: Confession time. I watched “Love, Actually” once. I think I was in grade 7 and I hated it. I tried watching it again a couple of weeks ago, but couldn’t wrap my head around Liam Neeson being in a rom-com and, keeping my past memory of the movie in mind, turned it off. The Holiday though, is one that will forever be one of my go-tos. For me this was another unexpected movie that I fell in love with. It’s so cute and sweet and gah! It just makes me happy 🙂
- Frosty the Snowman: Need I say more?
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation: I went so long without watching this one and I have no clue why! If you’ve never seen it you’re missing out!
- Home Alone: Macaulay Culkin when he was still cute? Yes please! Plus this movie serves as the basis of all of my elaborate schemes to take care of those pesky noises that go bump in the night 🙂
- Mean Girls: I know this isn’t a Christmas movie per se but there is the scene where they dress in Santa costumes and dance to Jingle Bell Rock so I’m going to count that as being Christmassy enough. Any excuse to watch Mean Girls!
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: This is my favourite Harry Potter movie and it has my favourite Christmas scene out of all of the movies! Since I haven’t watched it in a while and Christmas isn’t Christmas without a little Harry Potter I’m going to make it one of my must watch movies this year <3
What’s your favourite Christmas movie? Feel free to share in the comments below! 🙂